Lost Mother and the Replacement Mother Figures in the Life of William Somerset Maugham (1874-1965): A Study of a Failed Mother-Son Dyad
The institution of motherhood stands as the essential and underlying ingredient to the manufacture of world history. This work explores the life and situation of the English playwright, novelist, and short story writer in a Mother-Son dyad that proved to be far different from the definitions and standards normally applied to the term.
Table of Contents
1. The Mother-Son Dyad: An Introduction
2. William Somerset Maugham (1874-1965)
3. Maugham and the Problem of “Mother”
4. The Dyad in Maugham’s Life and Literature
6. Lit of Works Cited and Consulted