United Nations and Arms Embargoes Verification
|Author: ||Knight, W.|
This analysis explores political, legal, operational and financial aspects of applying verification in the context of UN arms embargoes. This book focuses on the lessons learned from the monitoring experience, particularly the recent cases of Iraq and the former Yugoslavia, and offers specific recommendations for improving verification regimes in the future.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents: Foreword, Preface, Introduction
1. UN Sanctions: Nature and Issues
2. UN Arms Embargoes: A Back Grounder
3. Verification in all its Aspects
4. Verification in the context of UN Arms Embargoes
5. Lessons Learned from the UN/Regional Verification Experience
6. Learning Lessons from the UN Arms Embargoes Verification Experience
7. Recommendations for Improving Sanctions Verification
Conclusion, Principal findings, Annexes, Bibliography, Index.