How Do We Create a Philosophical Cosmos for Acting Socially and Being Happy?
|Author: ||Green, Michael K.|
In this work the focus is on the cyclical structure of the patterns of social change. According to the Wave Principle, patterns of five waves move in the direction of a trend and three waves move against it. The author presents a theory of agency and sociality that serves as a basis for the wave-like character of social change and the individuality of the component waves of the pattern.
“ ... The arguments here need to be read and understood by every American concerned with the future of civilization. ... " – Professor John L. Casti, Santa Fe Institute
Table of Contents
1. Uncertainty and the Human Condition
2. The M-Strategy for Uncertainty Management
3. The R-Strategy for Uncertainty Management
4. The K-Strategy for Uncertainty Management
5. The W-Strategy for Uncertainty Management
6. Theories of the Passions
7. Action and Agency
10. Conceptions of Cultural Change
11. Cycles of Uncertainty
12. The Condition of Our Condition
Other Humanism & Secularism Books