How Do We Create a Philosophical Cosmos for Acting Socially and Being Happy?
|Author: ||Green, Michael K.|
In this work the focus is on the cyclical structure of the patterns of social change. According to the Wave Principle, patterns of five waves move in the direction of a trend and three waves move against it. The author presents a theory of agency and sociality that serves as a basis for the wave-like character of social change and the individuality of the component waves of the pattern.
“ ... The arguments here need to be read and understood by every American concerned with the future of civilization. ... " – Professor John L. Casti, Santa Fe Institute
Table of Contents
1. Uncertainty and the Human Condition
2. The M-Strategy for Uncertainty Management
3. The R-Strategy for Uncertainty Management
4. The K-Strategy for Uncertainty Management
5. The W-Strategy for Uncertainty Management
6. Theories of the Passions
7. Action and Agency
10. Conceptions of Cultural Change
11. Cycles of Uncertainty
12. The Condition of Our Condition
Other Humanism Books