History of the Finnish Temperance Movement: Temperance as a Civic Religion
|Author: ||Sulkunen, Irma|
This text is one in a series on alcohol and drug use and abuse, and covers the history of the Finnish Temperance Movement.
"The purpose of this study is to explain the temperance movement's role in the change that embraced the whole of Finnish society, the people, nation, state, and how temperance in Finnish society took shape. The book covers the period from the 1870s to the years following the Great Strike of 1905."
Table of Contents
Part I: Temperance Movement and Nation Building
1. Alcohol Question and Early Temperance Organization
2. Fennomanian Intelligentsia and Organization of Temperance Movement
Part II: The Temperance Movement: Regional and Social Basis
3. Regional Development of Temperance Movement
4. The Temperance Movement at Local Level
Part III: Temperance Movement and Organized Labor
5. Temperance Movement and the Labor Question
6. Temperance Movement and Mobilization
7. The Temperance Movement as a Labor Movement
Sources and Literature