Reed, Alan Books
About the author: Alan Reed is currently Professor of Criminal and Private International Law at Sunderland University, United Kingdom. He graduated from Trinity College, Cambridge University with a first class honours degree in law, and was awarded the Herbert Smith prize for conflict of laws. Cambridge University also granted him a full Holland scholarship to facilitate study in the U. S. and he obtained an LL.M. Masters of Law (comparative law) at the University of Virginia. He has published numerous books and leading law journal articles on private international law in Australia, England, Ireland and the United States.2003 0-7734-6737-8
Table of Contents:
1. Marriage Capacity - Essential Validity of Marriage: The Application of Interest Analysis and Dépecage to Anglo-American Choice of Law Rules
2. Divorce and Financial Provision – Transnational non-judicial Divorces: A Comparative Analysis of Recognition and Financial Relief under English and U. S. Jurisprudence
3. Forum Non Conveniens – To Be or Not To Be: The Forum Non Conveniens Performance Acted Out on Anglo-American Courtroom Stages
4. Tort Jurisdiction – Multistate Tort Jurisdiction: A Comparative Analysis of Prevailing Jurisprudence in the United States and the European Union
5. Choice of Law in Tort – The Anglo-American Revolution in Tort Choices of Law Principles: Paradigm Shift or Pandora’s Box?
6. Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Judgments – A New Model of Jurisdictional Propriety for Anglo-American Foreign Judgment Recognition and Enforcement: Something Old, Something Borrowed, Something New?
Bibliography; Table of Cases; Table of Legislation; Index